Westlake Chemical offers you the potential to enrich your work life and career experience in an entrepreneurial environment. We work together to enhance peoples’ lives through our products and presence in the communities in which we operate.
Conducts business, market, competitive, technical, and financial analyses in support of Vinyls and Corporate Business Development activities. Develops, refines, and recommends actions resulting from benchmarking and other studies, supply/demand/selling price trends, econometric/financial models, forecasts, and budgets. Projects, understands, and supports management to control business results against plan. Estimates valuation and negotiating approaches for targeted internal and external business development, acquisition, and joint venture opportunities. Evaluates commercial agreements and operating improvements. Organizes, analyzes, and facilitates business development, M&A, and related due diligence processes for targeted vinyls projects. Prepares monthly reports for the Department. Conducts special studies as required for the business.
Duties And Responsibilities
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Vinyls Business Analysis:
- Provide needed business, financial, and sensitivity analyses for capital projects
- Lead benchmarking, competitor analysis and other key studies
- Support preparation of meaningful strategic presentations for senior management
- Prepare monthly reports as needed
- Review and validate Corporate financial models and forecasts
- Identify areas for potential strategy changes and operations improvements.
- Participate in cross functional projects such as product profitability measurement.
- Assist in development of data mining and analysis projects
- Special Studies and Other Responsibilities (as needed):
- Analyze and provide data for surveys, benchmarking, bankers, legal actions, industry trade groups etc.
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
Education, Experience And Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and to develop in these areas.
- Incumbent must have strong analytical/modeling skills with some experience in the chemical, petroleum, or manufacturing business.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and be able to develop accurate, detailed analyses under time pressure.
- Experience with data mining, queries from business intelligence./ business warehouse preferred.
- Must have effective verbal/written/presentation skills.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Engineering discipline required, with an MBA strongly preferred.
- Requires seven plus years of work experience in Business Analysis, chemical manufacturing, or related field. Prefer chemical, petroleum, or manufacturing business experience.
if interested, please apply here.