Conducts business, market, competitive, technical, and financial analyses in support of Vinyls and Corporate Business Development activities. Develops, refines, and recommends actions resulting from benchmarking and other studies, supply/demand/selling price trends, econometric/financial models, forecasts, and budgets. Projects, understands, and supports management to control business results against plan. Estimates valuation and negotiating approaches for targeted internal and external business development, acquisition, and joint venture opportunities. Evaluates commercial agreements and operating improvements. Organizes, analyzes, and facilitates business development, M&A, and related due diligence processes for targeted Vinyls projects. Prepares monthly reports for the Department. Conducts special studies as required for the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide needed business, financial, and sensitivity analyses for capital projects
- Lead benchmarking, competitor analysis and other key studies
- Support preparation of meaningful strategic presentations for senior management
- Prepare monthly reports as needed
- Review and validate Corporate financial models and forecasts
- Identify areas for potential strategy changes and operations improvements.
- Participate in cross functional projects such as product profitability measurement.
- Assist in development of data mining and analysis projects
- Analyze and provide data for surveys, benchmarking, bankers, legal actions, industry trade groups etc.
- Travel up to 10% including air or auto travel.
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Requires a degree in Finance, Accounting or Engineering discipline, with an MBA strongly preferred.
- Requires seven plus years of work experience in Business Analysis, Chemical Manufacturing or related field.
- Chemical, petroleum, or manufacturing experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.
If interested, please apply here.