Wellington Management (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2017, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 55 countries.
As part of the continued expansion of our alternatives capabilities, we are seeking to recruit a Venture Capital Analyst to join our Equity Portfolio Management team responsible for private company investing. Wellington has been investing in private markets since 2003 (~$4.7 billion across >300 deals), launched its first dedicated private fund in 2014 with approximately $1 billion raised and recently closed its second fund with $1.65B in capital.
The Analyst will be responsible for helping to further develop our network with venture firms and to establish relationships directly with private companies with a focus on the technology and consumer sectors. In addition to helping to generate relationships and deal flow, we expect this individual to work closely with other investors across our Venture Capital efforts which could include conducting due diligence, financial modeling and other aspects of investment analysis and transaction execution. This individual will be a part of a very small, very senior team that offers significant upward opportunity for the right candidate.
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Two to five years of relevant experience in a private markets investment role, preferably at a venture capital or private equity firm.
- Established industry relationships and an ability to source, track and evaluate potential investment opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to both work independently and to collaborate with experienced, cross-functional deal teams.
- Exceptional work ethic, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to succeed in a results-oriented environment.
- Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity, and an entrepreneurial nature.
- Strong academic credentials. MBA preferred.
To apply, please click here.