Unicorn India Ventures (www.unicornivc.com) is a Venture Capital management company with multiple funds within the Indian start-up environment. Its first fund is a – 15m SEBI (full form here) (Indian equivalent of FCA) registered fund investing seed/early capital in technology businesses across B2C and B2B domains. UIV is currently setting up a – 75m venture debt fund (that will back early and growth stage India-based technology businesses) and a – 10m Breakthrough Fund (that will invest equity capital in Series A/B rounds).
About the role:
Analyst for a full-time position based out of Mumbai, India. The role will provide a significant amount of hands-on exposure to the world of start-ups, along with an opportunity to work with one of the most experienced investment teams in the industry.
– Evaluating new investment opportunities and assiting the senior investment team
– Generating emerging sector-related ideas, tracking market data and identifying trends
– Investor communications, including quarterly, newsletters and annual reports
– Supporting the investment team in due diligence, transaction execution and documentation
– Post-investment portfolio management support to Venture Partners/Managing Partners
– Managing compliance and monthly/quarterly reporting in portfolio companies
– Managing firms social media handles and drive enagagement; assist senior team in writing articles
– Supporting the Partners in the fund raising for fund via deep sectoral research & preparation of investor pitches
Ideal Candidate for the role:
– 2 to 4 years of work experience in Startup / Corporate / Investment Bank / Consuting
– Strong in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
– Communication, writing, research and analytical skills are essential and will be tested
– Strong curiosity and understanding for technology, business models, markets and startups
– Major in Engineering or Science from a top tier Institution globally or within India (NITs, IITs, BITS or DCE, Bombay University, Delhi University)
– Highly motivated, passionate about this industry, self-initiation and ability to work independently
– Significant campus leadership experience and extra-curricular achievements will be a plus
– Understanding of finance and accounting is a plus
Benefits of Analyst Position:
– Experience and exposure to the full end-to-end cycle venture capital business
– Hands on opportunity to work directly in live situations
– Direct interactions with Managing/Venture Partners and Principals on 2-3 person teams
– Excellent experience in the nascent and fast-growing Indian VC / PE industry
– Valuable and excellent experience for the candidates inclined to pursue a top quality MBA in future
– Great network building experience
As per Industry Standards and can vary as per experience and profile of candidates.
If interested, please apply here.