The Analyst will be responsible for sourcing, qualifying and recommending interesting startup investment opportunities that meet the strategic and financial objectives of UL Ventures.
- The Analyst analyzes market segments of potential interest for venture capital investments and develop fresh perspectives and strong investment thesis driven by data.
- Builds a deal pipeline of investable companies through extensive networking including meeting with founders, entrepreneurs and thought leaders, attending events and collaborating with other players in the venture ecosystem.
- Supports senior team members in all aspects of due diligence including market research, business model, financial modeling, computing unit economics and SaaS metrics, exit analysis and preparing investment memo.
- Prepares quarterly reviews for portfolio companies and reports on progress by collecting and compiling performance metrics.
- Supports knowledge transfer initiatives by working closely with portfolio companies and UL internal business units.
- Minimum of 2-3 years previous experience in venture capital.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferably in Computer Science, or a technical degree with specialization in Data Science. MBA not required for this role.
- Demonstrated passion for entrepreneurship, deep insights into technology trends and connections to the startup/venture ecosystem in the Bay Area.
- Excellent financial modeling skills and passion for quantitative, data driven analyses.
- Previous experience doing large scale data analysis using automation scripts preferred.
- Previous experience building prediction models using machine learning algorithms is a plus.
If interested, please Apply here.