As a key member of the UnitedHealth Group Ventures (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) team, you will be part of UnitedHealth Group’s mission of helping people live healthier lives. In your role as a Business Analyst, you will leverage both primary and secondary research methods to develop strategic points of view on markets, understand trends and opportunities, and develop businesses. You will synthesize insights that will drive investment theses, the development of new business models, and growth opportunities for existing portfolio companies. As part of this elite team, you will be empowered to impact the health care system through building businesses that solve major problems prevalent in healthcare today.
- Assist with the development of strategic points of view on healthcare sectors for new investments and identify opportunities
- Conduct primary and secondary market research and analysis in conjunction with the investment process and portfolio company initiatives, and effectively communicate key insights
- Conduct research on various healthcare markets and adjacent industries
- Execute quantitative clinical, financial, and market analytics
- Partner with portfolio management on projects supporting growth and operational improvements
- Apply strategic health care theses to the development of new business models
- Maintain and develop internal and external business partner relationships, including those with business advisors, research service companies, corporate development, accountants, lawyers and consultants
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration, other quantitative majors, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 1 or more years of experience in business and financial analysis, quantitative and qualitative market research, and strategy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Consulting experience
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, critical thinking skills, and natural curiosity
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively verbally and in writing
UHG Ventures is pioneering a new category of venture capital by starting up and funding scale businesses committed to driving disruptive, systemic change in the health care system. The UHG Ventures team operates as an independent fund of UnitedHealth Group while leveraging strategic dynamics to accelerate and advance investments. Our investments catalyze health care system changes that improve health outcomes, reduce medical costs, and create operating efficiencies for the health care system.
The Business Analyst is responsible for supporting new business builds as they move through the UHGV investment process as well as helping to drive strategic growth strategies for portfolio companies. The Business Analyst role is a launching point to opportunities in the investment team as well as roles in portfolio companies.
The position is based in Minnetonka, MN.
If interested, please apply here.