We are seeking an Investment Analyst / Associate (Pre-MBA) for our Venture Capital practice. The Associate will work closely with the Managing Director and Portfolio Managers to assist with due diligence of potential private market investment opportunities, financial modeling, portfolio monitoring and evaluation.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of the venture capital asset class and an extensive network and relationships with various market participants.
ATTENTION: Your application will not be considered without a personalized cover letter.
- Conduct due diligence on primary, co-investment (syndicate) and secondary limited partnership investment opportunities across an array of VC fund types, geographies and strategies
- Assist in performing analysis on data related to managers’ track records and client portfolios.
- Assist team in preparing variety of document and presentations including memos, proposals, and presentations in Powerpoint, Excel, and Word.
- Review VC fund offering materials, quarterly reports and accounting records for information.
- Perform in-depth industry research.
- Support marketing efforts by organizing events and producing marketing materials.
- Assist the Managing Director and Portfolio Managers with related projects and initiatives.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Engineering degree and MBA highly preferred.
- 2-4 years of investment experience (VC/PE, investment banking, private equity, secondaries).
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced functions.
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques.
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking Powerpoint presentations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
About Trusted Insight:
Trusted Insight is a New York and San Francisco-based global networking and alternative asset management platform providing reputable institutional investors with access to top tier investment opportunities via syndicated deals. Trusted Insight is utilized by over 40,000 investment professionals from pension funds, endowments, foundations, sovereign wealth funds, family offices, banks and insurance companies in 98 countries around the globe.
If interested, please apply here.