TrueBridge Capital Partners is seeking a highly motivated and capable Investment Analyst to fill a full-time position on its Investment Team. The Analyst will support all aspects of the investment process, including analyzing fund (an investment management function) and direct company investments (a venture capital function), as well as data collection and processing, portfolio and manager analytics, and the technology and systems associated with these functions. The position is approximately a 2 to 3 year commitment, with an opportunity to grow responsibilities over time.
TrueBridge is a leading venture capital investor located in Chapel Hill, NC with approximately $2.4 billion under management. The firm invests in venture and micro/seed funds, as well as directly in technology startups. TrueBridge has a partnership with Forbes Media, Inc. and works with them to produce several marquee annual venture capital rankings: the Midas list of top technology investors, and the Next Billion Dollar Startups List of outstanding next generation technology companies. TrueBridge is a cohesive team of sixteen experienced professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative culture.
Key responsibilities include:
· Support all aspects of investment due diligence, monitoring, and decision-making processes.
· Provide research, modeling, and analytical support for the investment team.
· Create, maintain, and generate reports from third-party data providers such as VentureSource, Thomson One, and proprietary systems.
· Source and conduct due diligence on investments in startup companies and venture firms.
· Assist in investor relations functions, including preparation of analyses for client meeting materials.
· Conduct ad hoc investment-related projects as needed.
The ideal candidates will have:
· 1-3 years of experience in investment banking, strategy consulting, investment management, asset management, and/or technology company experience.
· Deep personal interest in technology, startups, and innovation.
· Intellectual curiosity.
· Strong financial analysis and modeling skills.
· Long-term approach to investing.
· Comfort working on a small, tightly knit, performance-oriented team.
· Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
· Ability to succeed in a fast paced environment.
· Desire to learn and ability to think outside the box.
· Excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
· Outgoing and personable demeanor.
TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO CAREERS@TRUEBRIDGECAPITAL.COM. Applications WITHOUT A COVER LETTER will NOT be considered. Please do not reach out directly to TrueBridge team members about this position.