Stray Dog Capital (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is an early stage Venture Capital firm that invests in exciting early stage startups that take animals out of the supply chain. We are one of leaders in our field and we provide capital and resources to accelerate the growth of talented entrepreneurs who will have an outsize impact on the marketplace.
We are seeking a Venture Analyst who will perform a wide range of activities including due diligence, portfolio management and process optimization. The role will closely interact with entrepreneurs, other investors and key opinion leaders in the market and will report directly to the Stray Dog Capital’s CEO. This is a tremendous opportunity to learn about Venture Capital and enter this incredibly competitive field.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Screen entrepreneurs’ pitch decks and conduct interviews with entrepreneurs
- Evaluate opportunities for investment, assess investment risks, analyze financial data, and guide investment valuation
- Manage due diligence process and craft investment memos
- Conduct market research on and evaluate competitive products and services, and the demand for these competitive products and services
- Assist Stray Dog Capital in actively supporting entrepreneurs in the pre and post funding stages
- Assist the team in managing and monitoring investments, including analyzing portfolio company performance and development/tracking of KPIs.
- Develop and deliver presentations to firm’s partners regarding potential investments and existing portfolio companies
- Represent Stray Dog Capital and extend the firm’s brand
- Work with rest of team regarding other informational and reporting needs
- Manage a syndicate that connects investors with entrepreneurs. Responsibilities include coordinating investor meetings/training, identifying potential investors, managing website and communications, budget management.
- Degree in Business Administration or other relevant degree (MBA is a plus)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred (business, marketing, financial, accounting, entrepreneurship, engineering etc.)
- Reside in the greater Kansas City area
- Vegetarian or Vegan with some animal advocacy/charitable experiences preferred.
- Deep quantitative and analytical skills
- Sense of urgency, ability manage multiple priorities. Excellent organizational skills
- Great written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to summarize and synthesize information succinctly
- Excel and PowerPoint experienced user
- Passion for serving and growing underserved markets
- “Can do” entrepreneurial attitude and a propensity to figure out a way to get things done, no matter the obstacles
- Highly curious, continuous learner
- Passion for serving and growing under-served markets
If interested, please apply here.