Do you want to become an investment analyst for an international impact investment firm and engage with hundreds ofstartups in emerging markets?
Who We Are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
Seedstars Investments, the investment arm of Seedstars, funds high impact technology entrepreneurs in emerging markets. We leverage our on the ground presence and network that covers 80 markets to discover the best early stage ventures and provide value from idea to the later stage. We also take companies to the next level through our acceleration program and work closely with the entrepreneurs to give them access to the Seedstars global infrastructure and know-how (network, funding, technology team, etc).
About The Job
We are looking for an analyst to join theteam and lead the sourcing, screening and evaluating of the seed-stage startups in a specific region, as well as conducting a series of on-the-ground training for the selected entrepreneurs. Considering we have activities approximate in 15 countries / region, this role involves extensive travels throughout the year.
- The candidate will manage deal flow and screen startups based on Seedstars’ specific parameters, innovation objectives, and investment criteria.
- The candidate will be responsible for delivering various training adapted to the local market needs in each country where we are present.
- The candidate will actively participate in building the relationships with local investors and key ecosystem players on the ground.
- Additional support will be required in planning of the annual investor forum that takes place during our regional summits.
Depending on the period, additional support will be required with financial modelling, market analysis and due diligence.
- Passion for startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets
- Financial acumen and strong analytical skills (Excel/Google Spreadsheet expert) and an understanding of key startup metrics
- Flexibility & International exposure – This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about traveling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice & with a couch surfer attitude
- Excellentattention to details
- Strong belief in getting things done – We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
Why Our Employees Love Working With Us
- We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast growing international company
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We strive bygiving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to their work when and how they want
If interested, please apply here.