The world of financial services is experiencing one of the largest transformations in the past several decades. Most of that change is driven by entrepreneurs who are putting their ambitions to work to rethink and build the future of the industry.
Santander InnoVentures (“SIV”) is Santander’s $200m Corporate Venture Capital fund. We are on a mission to support those entrepreneurs. We invest in early stage FinTech companies across the Americas, Europe and Israel, and enable strategic collaboration between Santander and our portfolio companies. That is our way to become a better, more innovative bank for our clients, and help our portfolio companies grow, prosper and achieve their ambitions.
We are looking for an Investment Analyst or Associate based out of London who would be responsible for:
- Building a network within the FinTech space (investors and startups alike) and helping source new investment opportunities
- Evaluating thematic areas of interest to SIV, new opportunities and preparing investment recommendations
- Taking an active role in the due diligence process and supporting on deal negotiations and execution with a certain level of autonomy
- Supporting our portfolio companies and their management teams to help them achieve their vision
- Engage with Santander and its business units to support internal projects that could be enabled through bank-start-up collaborations
Must have requirements
- Excellent academic record from a top-tier university
- Minimum of 2 year (for Analyst) and 4 years (for Associate) experience (i) preferably, working within the start-up ecosystem (at another Tier I venture capital fund, an accelerator, an incubator, and/or at a fintech start-up) or (ii) alternatively, bringing relevant experience from a Tier I consultancy, investment bank or advisory firm coupled with a strong willingness to become an investor
- Genuine passion for working with early- and growth-stage technology companies
- Clear understanding of the dynamics within the venture space and the investment process
- Experience conducting due diligence, financial modelling and executing transactions
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team that is often traveling
- Strong quantitative and logical skills, able to work with abstract ideas and turn them into data-driven recommendations
- Fluency in another major European language, in particular Spanish, German or French
- We value alternative profiles that are additive to the mix of the team, such as backgrounds or advanced interests in coding or technology, previous legal or engineering studies or practice, etc.
Apply through Linkedin or by sending your resume and short cover email to email@example.com