Rev1 Ventures is an investor startup studio that combines capital and strategic services to help startups scale and corporates innovate. Based in the Midwest, and in a top city for scaling startups, Rev1 aligns innovators and founders with corporate and research partners to access customers and markets, helping entrepreneurs build great companies. With a proven track record of identifying, guiding, and investing in high potential startups, Rev1 helps companies solve real problems for markets in need of real solutions. Rev1 has $90MM in capital under management, providing a capital continuum from
corporate and community partners, as well as Ohio Third Frontier. Rev1 has been named among the Most Active VCs in the Great Lakes Region for the past three years in a row according to PitchBook.
What’s the role?
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will support Rev1’s operations and growth by managing the company’s portfolio data, processes, and analytics to empower company-wide transparency and decision making. Working closely with team leaders and key stakeholders, this team member will drive the evolution and execution of a BI roadmap to manage increasing demand for data-driven insights. The ideal candidate will be a strong critical thinker with a passion for data systems and exploration, as well as presentation and telling stories with data.
Who You Are:
- Data – and the insights they bring to a business – are your passion. You are excited by the daily work of analyzing and communicating data to help teams make better decisions.
- You have a broad balance of hands-on technical and analytics skills, as well as the ability to engage with and communicate complex concepts to internal and external customers.
- Feverishly inquisitive and prepared to learn at a rapid pace, you are a leader among your peers and think unconventionally. You have a strong drive and the ability to self-direct, especially on multiple projects at any one time.
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, or similar technical discipline, along with 5+ years of data research & analysis experience.
- You have 3+ years of experience with SQL (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- You have 3+ years of experience building dashboards (ala Power BI or Tableau, etc.) for ongoing measurement and self-service needs, as well as an intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of data visualization best practices.
- You have expert proficiency within Salesforce, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and possess excellent project-management and organization skills, with the ability to analyze and deliver accurate and actionable results.
- You have experience interacting with executive-level stakeholders and translating their requirements and hypotheses into analyses, visualizations, reports, dashboards, and explorations of data that yield business insights.
What You’ll Do:
- Standardize and manage the integrity of Rev1’s portfolio and operational data across multiple systems; extracting knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured data.
- Manage ongoing data reporting needs to inform state, community and corporate partners;
- Understand and manage underlying data sources, including Salesforce, open venture data sources, and proprietary data sources;
- Act as an in-house expert on portfolio data insights and related peer/industry trends, actively uncovering and explore insights from data to support business strategy and decision;
- Manage current data sources/tools, including Microsoft Azure, Salesforce reporting tools and SQL Server Reporting for standard reports and dashboards;
- Interact with across various business areas to gather and prioritize business requirements;
- Research and implement new BI and analytical solutions including PowerBI or Tableau, to help drive the next iteration of Rev1 data reporting and analysis
- Translate business needs into proactive development of insights related to our data and comparisons to industry trends; and
- Serve as a strong advocate
If interested, please email email@example.com