Rev1 (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) Ventures is the investor startup studio that combines capital and strategic services to help startups scale and corporates innovate. Based in the Midwest, and in the number one city for scaling startups, Rev1 aligns innovators and founders with corporate and research partners to access customers and markets, helping entrepreneurs build great companies.
Rev1 has more than $90M in capital under management, providing a capital continuum from corporate and community partners, as well as the Ohio Third Frontier. Rev1 has been named the Most Active VC in the Great Lakes Region for the past three years in a row, according to Pitchbook.
We’re seeking a Venture Analyst to join our Venture Acceleration team, which works daily to support the entrepreneurs we work with to accelerate their growth. This team member will assist in evaluating opportunities for potential investment and managing deal flow into our pipeline. Reporting to the Senior VP, Venture Acceleration – Information Technologies, this person will work cross-functionally with a 15-member advisory and investment team.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in working with entrepreneurs to make their companies “investable.”
- Review submissions from entrepreneurs seeking assistance and funding to help
determine which entrepreneurs with whom we will work.
- Manage the tracking of progress with respect to the companies with which we engage: documenting, tracking, and reporting on milestones and next steps.
- Assist entrepreneurs in creating grant and investment funding proposals.
- Assist in creating and delivering various educational learning labs for entrepreneurs.
- Perform due diligence activities related to one or more Rev1 investment funds, including market research and industry analyses, reference calls, product reviews, and document reviews.
- Assist senior team members by providing long-term, post investment support to portfolio companies.
- Represent Rev1 Ventures at a variety of networking events (some nights and weekends) to identify high quality deal flow.
- As we are a lean organization, you may be called on to pitch in on other projects on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years related work experience in venture investment, venture acceleration or experience working in a software start-up.
- Passion for entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and a “customer service” mind set.
- Advanced analytical and technical skills, solid writing skills and strong Excel skills.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in information technology and software development.
- Self-motivated, with ability to multitask and perform a wide range of activities.
- Initiative in pursuing projects, capable of working autonomously.
- Comfort with ambiguity and unstructured environments.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management Systems (Salesforce.com, HubSpot, SEM) preferred.
If interested, please send your resume to Kathleen Green (email@example.com)