Propel is a $150M venture fund out to parter with entrepreneurs in and around financial services. The team has worked in financial services their entire careers – at banks, card networks, insurance carriers, and startups. We are inspired by the entrepreneurs we work with, and enjoy learning about emerging technologies and people that will change the world.
Analysts are key contributors to Propel Venture Partners’ investment and operations activities on a day-to-day basis and have significant opportunity to gain early stage investment experience as well as startup experience in a venture capital setting. This is a two-year role.
Key responsibilities include:
• Working as part of the investment team to evaluate and execute investments, including managing diligence, financial, technology, and valuation analyses, memo preparation, investment closings, and post investment management
• Diving into new markets, developing theses around industry trends and market opportunities, and constructing competitive analyses
• Building and maintaining internal systems, models, and portfolio performance tracking worksheets
• Sourcing investments by identifying and evaluating potential investment opportunities and constructing frameworks to surface new opportunities
• Organizing internal and external reporting with a focus on quarterly newsletters, LP meetings, and CEO summits
• Assisting with the coordination and management of internal and external service providers
• Understanding of business models, startups, information technology trends and a genuine interest in financial services
• Strong tech acumen, financial analysis and valuation skills
• High intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial, analytical, driven, creative
• High level of maturity and ability to work in a team setting or independently
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written)
• Collaborative and persuasive temperament
• Good fit with team and culture
If interested, please apply here.