Princo is widely recognized as an innovative leader in the investment management industry. We manage the University’s $25 billion Endowment through a global network of over 75 investment firms, which span seven asset class groups:
- US Equity
- Emerging International Equity
- Developed International Equity
- Independent Return (certain Hedge Funds)
- Private Equity: Buyouts and Venture Capital
- Real Assets: Real Estate, Energy, and Timber
- Fixed Income and Cash
Princo is a small, flat organization that values open debate and independent thinking. The entire investment team, from Analysts to the Chief Investment Officer, works together on an open floor plan and makes investment decisions collaboratively. The team actively develops and refines its investment acumen through day-to-day responsibilities: qualitative and quantitative analysis, internal discussion, and meetings with current and prospective managers. Individual focus within one or two of the Endowment’s asset classes cultivates specialized knowledge, while a culture of broad portfolio engagement promotes diverse and complementary learning.
The combination of Princo’s distinctive investment philosophy and culture, and the perpetual nature of the Endowment, creates a compelling intellectual challenge. Princo has a long history of superior performance, with returns that have consistently placed in the top percentiles of institutional investors and have outperformed those of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway over the past 15 years.
Investment Technology Analyst
The Analyst initially will serve a two-year term, with the possibility for promotion.
The Investment Technology Analyst will have the opportunity to learn the operations of the investment office and improve its efficiency through the use of technology.
The successful candidate will design, develop and maintain PRINCO’s data systems. He or She will promote a secure computing environment and assist in the training of staff. As a member of a small technical team, the Investment Technology Analyst will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of software and systems.
- Leverage technology to provide strategic and innovative solutions for business needs.
- Document workflows and data flows, and collaborate with team members to improve the efficiency of key business processes.
- Design, develop and implement new systems, as needed for PRINCO; verify systems solutions by creating test plans and scripts and conducting unit and integration testing in conjunction with customers using QA processes.
- Develop functional specifications and prototypes.
- Provide end user training and documentation.
- Keep abreast of new technologies including software, hardware, smart phones and peripheral devices.
- Provide support for all office productivity applications including SharePoint, Morningstar Direct, FactSet and Code:Red.
- Facilitate and support the use of technology and video conferencing in meeting rooms.
- Act as a liaison to OIT for technical projects, and attend monthly OIT meetings, training and participate in other related forums.
- Serve as a backup for technical support. This includes monitoring, diagnosing, repairing and troubleshooting technology issues across all modes of use.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven experience as a programmer or relevant coursework
- Knowledge of relational databases
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience a plus
- A passion for technology and an interest in investing or financial industry
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., twist, bend and work in awkward positions.
- The Investment Technology Analyst position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build good working relationships with people of diverse personalities and professional backgrounds with a strong focus on customer service.
- Aptitude for assisting users with varying degree of technical skills is essential, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with other OIT staff to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent organizational skills and an ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities simultaneously while meeting deadlines are essential.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW