Prelude Ventures is a venture capital firm partnering with entrepreneurs to address climate change. Since 2013, we have invested in over 30 companies across advanced energy, food and agriculture, transportation and logistics, and advanced materials and manufacturing. We are a team of six based in San Francisco, CA.
The Analyst will be responsible for engaging in a variety of investment-related activities, including evaluating investment opportunities and deep dives into new topic areas. The Analyst will be involved in various aspects of firm daily business, including supporting our existing portfolio companies and fund administration. We anticipate that this position will be a 2-year full-time role prior to the Analyst attending graduate school, launching an entrepreneurial career, or starting some other endeavor. Target start date: Summer-Fall 2018.
Diligence investment opportunities
- Perform financial, technical, market, and competitive landscape diligence
- Create and analyze financial statements and models
- Perform sensitivity and scenario analyses
- Plan and conduct market research, customer calls, and expert interviews
Collaborate with other members of the Investment Team to scope new investment areas
- Execute deep dives by planning and conducting market research, analyzing industry sources of data, attending conferences/events, and engaging topical experts
- Communicate findings and conclusions to other members of the investment team via written and verbal reports
Support existing portfolio companies and fund administration
- Perform ad hoc financial and operational analyses for Portfolio Company CEOs and C-Suite
- Content creation for Prelude-hosted events, speaking engagements, and other brand-building activities
- Manage fund reporting and relationship databases
Qualifications and Skills
- Deep intellectual curiosity and strong work ethic
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and excel in an unstructured environment
- Technical and/or science aptitude
- Solid understanding of financial statements and ability to build financial models
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurial activities, with an emphasis on cleantech or resource efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience
If interested, please apply here.