Plug and Play Tech Center is the ultimate innovation platform, bringing together the best startups and the world’s largest corporations to create the most meaningful connections that bring innovation to anyone, anywhere. We are on a mission to bring the benefits of Silicon Valley to all four corners of the world.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re a diverse team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Venture Capital Portfolio Analyst to drive portfolio success in Silicon Valley. The Portfolio Analyst will work closely with the Plug and Play Ventures team to derive the most value out of our platform for our portfolio companies – whether that’s through facilitating corporate introductions with our 300+ corporate partners, tapping into Plug and Play’s VC network, or even helping our portfolio companies with their hiring needs.
The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with a passion for innovation, and demonstrates the ability to work cross-functionally and think strategically about business and startup growth challenges. This person will be responsible for tracking our portfolio companies, analyzing their strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities, and crafting in-depth reports for Ventures Associates and the greater Ventures team.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Support Plug and Play’s portfolio success strategy and process management model
- Track business development opportunities derived from Plug and Play (pilots, PoCs, introductions)
- Provide post-investment support for our portfolio companies
- Measure progress against quarterly/annual growth and engagement goals
- Differentiate Plug and Play from its competitors by implementing new value-add initiatives
- Assist the Ventures team with ad hoc projects and initiatives
- Coordinate events to connect startups with corporate executives that represent prospective customers, partners, and/or investors
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- Up to 2 years of work experience at a startup, accelerator, venture fund or related field
- Knowledge and understanding of cap tables, startup financing, and growth metrics
- Proficient in excel (formulas, dashboards, charts, pivots and analysis)
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with startup founders, C-Suite executives, and VC Partners; adept at public speaking
- A passion and interest for entrepreneurship is a must
- Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results
- Collaborative, diplomatic, and can cross-functionally partner with stakeholders across multiple offices
- Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action
- Strong desire to learn continually and grow professionally, driven to understand how evolving industries create opportunities for new technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence – proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, startups, venture capital firms, and other industry contacts
If interested, please apply here.