You are a forward-thinking, detail-oriented, and creative analyst with a passion for finance and investing. You have a proven track record of connecting the dots, operating effectively across functional boundaries, and communicating clearly and concisely with internal and external stakeholders. You excel at financial modeling and have an exceptional willingness to learn. You naturally exude sound judgement and integrity and are looking for a unique opportunity to apply your skills toward the broader social good.
Notley is an engine for social good. Our mission is to catalyze the growth and expansion of innovative organizations making positive change in the world. We do this by funding and operating multiple nonprofits and initiatives like Philanthropitch, Women@Austin, NotleyEDU, The Center of Social Innovation and Startup Games and also provide seed funding and support to other organizations focused on social change. We’re maximizing our impact by building an ecosystem centered around sharing and providing entrepreneurial knowledge, collaboration and capital and inviting others to join us.
Our fast-paced, team-oriented group is breaking the rules of social innovation. We’re highly collaborative and seek out passionate, entrepreneurial individuals with unique backgrounds that aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and build incredible things from the ground up.
As the Investment Analyst you will work with our Executive, Accounting, and Operations teams to assess the performance of portfolio investments, calculate and manage investor distributions and communications, evaluate potential investments, assist in cash forecasting, and advise on Notley’s overall investment strategy across multiple classes and structures.
- Partner with senior members of the Executive, Accounting, and Operations teams to provide analytical and project support for all investment-related activities
- Serve as primary point person to conduct initial exploratory research and analytics on potential new investment opportunities
- Proactively liaise with the management teams of Notley’s portfolio companies to stay apprised of updates and milestones
- Monitor, document, and incorporate investment updates into portfolio investment dashboard
- Assist in developing investment committee memoranda, reporting and compliance procedures, and materials for senior leadership
- Serve as the point person to update Notley’s legal counsel and CPAs of new investment opportunities
- Work directly with the Accounting Team to forecast equity contributions, capital calls, interest, and distributions to inform liquidity requirements
- Work in lock step with Notley’s wealth management team to pressure test portfolio performance, update related cash forecasts, reassess portfolio allocations, and manage risk
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance
- Exceptional analytical, modeling, and valuation skills
- Two years experience of investment banking, M&A, private equity, or venture capital experience
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving, writing, and communication skills
- Natural tendency for keeping track of trends, opportunities, and risks
- Ability to calculate return metrics and evaluate the performance of direct, sponsored, and fun investments across multiple asset classes including real estate, venture, private equity, debt, and alternatives
- Advanced knowledge of Excel; experience with banking and investor portals
- Able to read, interpret, and update cap tables
- Experience compiling summary reports and communicating comfortably and confidently with investors
- 100% employer-paid Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, Long and Short-term disability coverage
- Employer-matching investment opportunities
- Work with an amazing team in a fast-paced and casual office environment
- High degree of autonomy and flexibility
- Generous PTO policy
- Unique opportunity to gain exposure to diverse investments across multiple asset classes
Notley provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If interested, please apply here.