Next47 is a global venture capital firm backed by Siemens and committed to turning today’s impossible ideas into tomorrow’s indispensable industries. Our relationship with Siemens gives us access to international markets, a global customer base, and incomparable technical experience, all of which we use to catalyze our portfolio companies’ growth. Next47 works with startups who are using deep technologies such as artificial intelligence, augmented and virtual reality, cybersecurity, autonomous driving, IoT, robotics, and advanced manufacturing, to solve industry’s most difficult and fundamental challenges. For more information, check out our website at http://www.next47.com
This role, based in Palo Alto, focuses on the key elements of world class venture investing: sourcing, analyzing, and winning the opportunity to work with top-tier startups.
- Support development of financial models relating to financings, valuation analyses and liquidity events
- Support due diligence including market sizing and mapping, and industry research
- Build up industry knowledge to help drive investment strategy
- Source new investments including meeting with founders and entrepreneurs, attending relevant conferences and networking events, and calling on new prospects
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A technical bachelor’s degree such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or a demonstrable record of highly technical equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of total work experience in the venture capital industry, management consulting, investment banking, and/or fast scaling startups
- Excitement for the startup ecosystem, networks, and deal sourcing and investment processes
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships
- Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations in a group setting
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Strong experience with startup and VC communities in Silicon Valley
- Proficiency in multiple languages
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
If interested, please apply here.