Nauta Capital is a venture capital firm based in Barcelona, with offices in London and Boston. The firm finances early-stage, capital-efficient, B2B software companies in the UK, Spain, and the Northeast US. Nauta has invested in more than 30 companies with four funds totaling $300 million under management. The firm recently closed its fourth fund with $170m. The typical initial investment size is $1m to $3m.
Role Description and Responsibilities
The Analyst position will be based in Boston. Analyst candidates must have a demonstrated passion for technology-centric businesses. Ideal candidates will have internship experience or 1-2 years of work experience, preferably in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Equity Research, or Venture Capital at a leading firm. Individuals with experience in Fundraising, M&A, or other functions within an entrepreneurial or technology environment will also be considered.
- Developing investment theses and mapping opportunities
- Sourcing new early stage investments, including meeting with founders and entrepreneurs, attending relevant events, and running outbound screening initiatives
- Supporting due diligence, including financial analysis, competitive analysis, market sizing, and conducting primary and secondary industry research
- Developing financial models relating to financings, valuation analyses and liquidity events
- Developing investment memorandum, presentation materials, and other internal presentation documents for partners
- Building a platform with resources for portfolio companies to identify and share best practices
- Collaborating on internal initiatives such as recruiting, marketing, & PR
- Internship experience at a top-tier Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Equity Research, or Venture Capital firm. Additionally, individuals with exceptional operating experience in an entrepreneurial environment will be considered.
- Ability to work independently and productively, and thrive in a loosely structured, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to create well-written, thoughtful content in a timely manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- An undergraduate degree from a top university. (computer science, economics, or business administration preferred)
- Please include GPA and cover letter
If interested, please contact Shelby Geyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Resume, Cover Letter, and GPA.