Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful, we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunitiesto grow, both ourselves and our business.
We are looking for an analyst to join the National Grid Ventures Technology & Innovation team to focus on sourcing and evaluating new deals, supporting due diligence, working with our existing portfolio companies and analyzing new technologies. The ideal candidate is someone who is savvy about digital media and the startup community with excellent critical thinking financial and analytical skills.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Analysis of market and technology trends
- Research, identify, and source new deal flow
- Due diligence on new investments including market research, competitive analysis, and financial modeling
- Preparing presentations for senior management, shareholders, and project partners
- Supporting/preparing documentation for financial reporting and external audits
- Consulting/supporting portfolio companies
- Assist the investment team as needed
- Individual Contributor and Team Player, with real opportunities to leading in various aspects of the job.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (with strong academic background in finance preferred)
- Venture capital experience is a plus, but not required
- Relevant work experience (1-2 years), preferably from investment banking or a technology startup, strategy consulting,
corporate strategy, or relevant business development experience
- Passionate about technology and digital innovation
- Finance and financial modeling
- Technical background and/or startup experience
- Ability to work well in an ambiguous, agile environment
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
If interested, please apply here.