Mercato is seeking to hire an analyst to help extend the investment staff.
Requirements and Experience
- Undergraduate / Graduate degrees in finance, economics, or quantitatively-centric.
- An ability to perform complex research and analysis.
Although prior experience in equity investment isn’t critical, some experience in one or more of the following top-tier environments is preferred:
o Investment Banking
o Private Equity
o Transaction Law
o Corporate Venture Capital
o Corporate Strategy
In addition to some experience in the above settings, candidates must have a grasp of the entrepreneurial process and investment environment.
Must be socially capable and persuasive with different groups. An ability to quickly understand complex systems and work at an advanced level in Excel is critical.
- Market research: Help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Deal screening: Identify targets, call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Documentation: Summarize call notes, enter deals into CRM
- Networking: Meet with peers at other investment firms, service providers, and investors
- Due diligence: Drive process to identify, mitigate and instill action plans to improve growth prospects
- Industry research: Target company with industry experts and adjacent markets for expansion
- Customer conversations: Existing references and potential customers
- Competitive landscape: Map the competitive, partner and acquisition companies against the target
- Technology review: Identify gaps in the process and propose solutions and relevant experts
- Valuation and sensitivity analyses: Model based on market transaction and public comparables and find the key inflection points to drive structure and strategic plans
- Internal firm documentation: Investment memo, performance plan, harvest forecasting
If interested, please apply here.