McRock Capital is seeking an Analyst to join our team. Based in our Toronto or Calgary office, you will be a core member of our hard driving team. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Deal logging and deal flow source analysis;
- Financial, market, competitive and technology assessment of potential investments;
- Research of all sorts including sector studies and return, exit and comparables analyses;
- Presentation assistance; and
- Ad hoc research and projects.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in finance, commerce, mathematics or economics;
- In process to complete CFA or becoming a Charter Business Valuator;
- Previous work term, preferably in finance, venture capital, investment banking or consulting;
- The talent to quickly understand complex issues and structure thoughts systematically;
- A detail oriented mind while remaining focused on the essential issues, and communicating conclusions concisely and convincingly;
- Self-starter who can operate in a fast paced and independent environment;
- Very high level of commitment, energy and flexibility;
- Excellent time and project management skills;
- Very proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint; and
- Excellent English skills.
McRock Capital’s culture is simple:
- Compete & Achieve
- Fast & Creative
- Resilient & Relentless
- Humble & Kind
- Passionate & Fun
If being a VC is your ambition and you think you have the right stuff to be part of the McRock team, please apply using the PlumHR link, which will require you to submit your resume and conduct a 30-40 minute survey.