Magna Equities is seeking an Analyst to join the firm’s investment team to help support the continued growth of the Company and its investment strategies. The Analyst will work in close collaboration with various members of Magna Equities division throughout the firm’s investment lifecycle and will familiarize themselves with Magna’s investment mandate and strategies.
The role includes providing preliminary research reports on public companies in the firm’s investment universe, maintaining a real-time understanding of all material events related to the firm’s portfolio companies, assisting in managing all portfolio-related monitoring systems, and providing in-depth industry and competitor research to provide new and innovative investment ideas to management.
- Researching and producing comprehensive reports on potential investments.
- Analyzing financial statements and other material information relevant to Magna’s active investments; including participating in shareholder conference calls, reviewing public disclosures and SEC filings, and conducting primary and secondary research.
- Assisting in managing portfolio-related monitoring systems.
- Researching new financial products and strategies to spur innovative investment ideas.
Required Candidate Characteristics:
- Innate desire to learn and take an active approach to accepting responsibilities.
- Excellent written intelligence, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong self-management and communications skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and internal drive.
- 3.2 GPA or higher.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Previous finance, management consulting, or business analysis experience preferred.
Magna is a New York based investment firm that creates successful long-term relationships by investing our capital, time, and strategic expertise into portfolio companies from technology to healthcare to the arts and beyond. We prioritize the open mind, converting unexpected opportunity into mutually advantageous investments.
Since 2009, our energy, optimism, and precision have made Magna Equities a leading investor for middle-market public companies around the world. Today, this core strategy is joined by our Entertainment and Ventures teams, backed by revolutionary business models and rapid growth.
Our people are cross-trained and highly collaborative, with significant opportunity for exceptional individuals to grow personally and professionally through their work. We’re looking for focused and ambitious professionals to join us in building better investments and a better firm.
At Magna, Open Minds Open Doors. Learn more: http://www.magnainvests.com.
If interested, please apply here.