Lockheed Martin Ventures (LMV) is the venture capital arm of Lockheed Martin Corp., (NYSE: LMT), the global leader in aerospace and technology solutions for the defense industry. At Lockheed Martin our mission is to provide our customers with the most advanced, proven platforms and technologies.
Lockheed Martin Ventures invests in high-growth, early stage technology companies. LMV focuses on companies pursuing technologies and markets that provide a natural extension to Lockheed Martin’s core business in addition to innovations that offer new growth opportunities for Lockheed Martin.
LMV invests in companies that drive change in industries that may be relevant to Lockheed Martin. We partner with talented teams to create value through industry access, engineering expertise, insight, contacts and partnership. As a result of our involvement, Lockheed Martin may partner with a portfolio company to help access defense and aerospace markets with its products.
Reporting to the executive director and general manager of Lockheed Martin Ventures, the investment analyst will be responsible for the following:
• Source, Lead, and Manage investment opportunities consistent with defined investment space and the process to assess them and their value to LMT/LMV and to influence or manage a group to do the same.
• Develop, Document and Execute overall investment strategies and implementation plans.
• Evaluate business plans (team, product, IP, market, channels)
• Conduct due diligence.
• Negotiate the deal structure.
• Work with Financial VCs and assist with syndicating investments, when necessary.
• Maintain Corporate confidentiality and disclosure protocol
• Champion investments through the internal approval process
• Determine competition for deals (corporate or private funds, investment banks, other)
• Manage relationships with the Startup Company and potential investors, pre- and post-investment. Actively manage investments through life-cycle and exit: Including elements of JDPs and work within LMT to achieve strategic and financial investment goals.
• Facilitate business relationships between portfolio companies and operating units
• Support existing portfolio companies, recommend follow-up investments where warranted.
• Build collegial relations within CVC, with other BA personnel who are critical to deals, and with VCs
• Represent LMV internally and externally (director or observer roles, industry committees, seminars etc.)
• Show exemplary behavior consistent with LMT core values (honesty, integrity, mutual trust and respect)
• Present to senior management.
• Knowledge of company capital and operating structures.
• Working knowledge of P&L statements, balance sheets
• Experience with creating and analyzing corporate business plans
• Technology fluency with financial acumen
• Preferred previous experience in Venture investing. Lead development, corporate analytical methods, project management.
• Exhibit strong organization and communication skills: written and oral.
• BS, MS or PhD; preferred Science, Engineering or Technology discipline and/or an MBA or 2-3+ years General Management P&L experience or Operations.
If interested, please apply here.