Learn Capital is seeking a self-motivated analyst to work in its San Mateo office on a six month contract. The analyst will gain significant exposure to venture capital and education technology globally and will be involved in a diverse range of strategic projects throughout the investment lifecycle (sourcing, diligence, execution, and portfolio support). The analyst will also glean knowledge, experience, and connections in the education technology and venture capital arena and may establish a strong foundation for a future career in an education technology operator or a related venture capital organization. This role is ideal for a professional with a flair for producing polished, well-designed deliverables and comfortable with taking initiative. We will strongly support the person’s pursuit of a full time role that builds on these experiences.
Responsibilities will include:
- Produce polished, well-designed investment and portfolio support deliverables (i.e., investment memos, conference presentations, portfolio company presentations, etc.)
- Conduct market and competitive research and help draft and publish thought leadership
- Screen new investment opportunities and conduct in-depth due diligence (i.e., market sizing exercises, financial statement analyses, reference checks, etc.)
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses for strategic planning and deal evaluation efforts for investments
- Complete additional ad-hoc portfolio support mini-projects as they arise
Ideal candidates should possess:
- Impeccable writing skills (i.e., previous editor for your High School or University newspaper)
- Excellent financial and analytical skills, as well as the ability to think critically and creatively (i.e., prior experience building extensive financial models with excel)
- Superior analytical skills and comfort with reviewing common company deliverables (i.e., pitch presentations, financial statements, engagement metrics, etc.)
- A veritable self-starter who can seamlessly operate in a high-autonomy environment, along with a preference for working in a small team environment (Exceptional presentation and deliverable design abilities. i.e., prior graphic design or strategic consulting experience)
- An inquisitive personality, able to gather and synthesize information, and draw meaningful conclusionsHigh level of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to success (i.e., you follow through on your projects)
- At least 2 years work experience in operations at a technology company, startup, management consulting, investment banking, or private equity firm
About Learn Capital: Learn Capital is a venture capital firm dedicated to the global education technology industry, investing in early-stage companies involved in the creation, delivery, management, and scaling of learning experiences and educational access for students of all ages worldwide. Since launching in 2009, Learn has backed companies that have achieved leadership positions in multiple high-growth education markets, including Bridge International Academies, Edmodo, Coursera, General Assembly, Udemy, and VIPKID.
If interested, please apply here.