Between China and the United States, we grow a powerful and collective ecosystem that consists of an international community for entrepreneurs, coworking spaces, investment supports, accelerator programs, and a bridge for China-US cultural exchange. We believe in “Build Local, Think Global” and dedicate to help entrepreneurs and startups to achieve their goals and make real impacts on the world around them.
We also believe that positive impact can be fostered through collaboration and proper resources. Lair East was established by Palm Drive Capital and HuaYuan International and supported by NYCCEO, one of the largest and most influential entrepreneurship organizations in NYC with 2,000+ active C-level entrepreneurs. The platform brought by Lair East provides access to proven leaders with expertise in finance, technology, media, entertainment, arts, etc. and cross-sector experiences.
[About the Role]
Lair East is seeking interns to join our team to assist in venture-related research and analysis and report directly to managing director from one of Lair East’s Co-founding Partners, HuaYuan International. This position offers great insights to entrepreneur networks, startups, and VC investors. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, have great written and verbal communication skills, and interest in the startups and entrepreneurship.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementing approved campaigns
- Researching and identifying the best startups within given filters
- Communicating the benefits of our program to scale-ups, as well as articulating the potential opportunity that awaits them
- Conducting due diligence on the most fitting startups to assess their suitability for the program. This includes developing a deep understanding of the tech used in this business and how well suited it is for our corporate partners in China.
- Developing a narrative, drawing out insights and predictions from observations in the data and other sources to create industry-leading trend reports and articles
- Creating and presenting reports on your due diligence findings
- Assisting developments of startup sourcing pipeline
- Creating and updating company decks and other presentation files when needed
- Assisting in a wider range of other tasks when required
- Have enthusiasm for innovation and working with entrepreneurs from the earliest days.
- Must be intellectually curious and have strong analytical and communication skills, thrive off of new ideas and can push our thinking.
- Must have great written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must have an energetic and positive attitude
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office or G Suite or Both
- Relevant scouting and/or research experience strongly preferred
- Should have demonstrated a high level of initiative in a prior activity
- Previous experience in consulting, startup, the investment bank, venture capital, startup accelerator/incubator, or leading technology business strongly recommended
- Must be comfortable evaluating a startup’s technology and knowing what questions to ask when going through the due diligence process
- Be able to start immediately or in the coming summer and must commit to at least 30 hours each week
This is an unpaid position but will provide stipends for food, college credit, hands-on experience; local transportation and references will be provided. However, if the candidate excels in this position, he/she can be fast-tracked to a f/t position with us.
Great perks including but not limited to: unlimited coffee & snacks; access to Lair East member network and the invitation to special events; free admission to NYCCEO exclusive invitation-only events; cool people & working vibe.
If interested, please apply here.