Become a key part of the Invenergy Future Fund team to deliver excellent returns and build the Fund’s reputation as the premier energy and industrials technology venture investor. We are a small team and this role requires flexibility, a diverse skill set, and ability to perform at a high level on multiple fronts. We are looking for a driven, hard-working, insightful individual to help us with market deep dives, investment sprints, and other strategic initiatives.
Help us identify, decide on, and win opportunities to invest in the best energy & industrial tech startups:
- Help evaluate and respond to a high volume of initial introductions, including holding initial screening conversations with ventures and evaluating those opportunities
- Assist in due diligence process including meeting notes, references, product and technical due diligence, competitive landscape research, market sizing, and financial evaluation
- Help our team identify and track the most promising technologies and companies for potential investment
- Be a key team member to help us analyze pipeline companies, prepare and refine investment theses, source, diligence, and close investments
- Assist with regular LP updates on our portfolio and firm progress
- Help with any relevant research to help support insight pieces, blog posts, speeches or presentations by members of our team
- Partner with our team to improve our sourcing strategy, help execute and track against it
- Enthusiasm for energy technology, entrepreneurs, and business learning
- Fundamental grasp of the broader industrial markets, including automotive, oil & gas, advanced manufacturing, and others.
- Desire and willingness to learn, give and take feedback and challenge conventional thinking
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable listening to, presenting, and disagreeing with investment points of view. Conviction without arrogance, humility without defeatism.
- A great nose for important tech trends and emerging businesses, a different perspective on the energy & industrials verticals
- Keen attention to detail; deliberate and focused in execution
- Strong diligence skills. Ability to quickly evaluate the key questions, risks or upside to an opportunity, prioritize and execute diligence to flesh out these issues
- Strong financial analysis skills. You will be able to dive quickly into a business plan or financial model, identify and judge key drivers or vulnerabilities
- Strong business and personal judgment
- Excellent critical thinking and discussion skills. Unafraid to advocate for and debate your opinion
- Self-motivated and highly productive. Someone with an outstanding work ethic who is able to envision, prioritize and complete parallel projects without requiring much guidance in a fast paced, fluid environment. Excellent multitasking skills without dropping balls
- Entrepreneurial spirit to be part of a small team
- Socially outgoing and a people person
- Sense of humor, smarts, and a positive attitude
- The ability to consistently come up with new ways to make us better.
Prior Experience (Full-time Analyst / Associate)
- This role is for a full time position based in Chicago, starting in the Summer of 2018
- Demonstrated interest in energy, technology & industrials verticals
- While we will consider various backgrounds, we think a background in investment banking, consulting, venture investments, or an operations role in an energy / tech company would be the strongest fits for this role
- Experience being a top performer in a highly ambitious academic or rigorous work environment (we need to bring up our average)
- Seeking Pre-MBA, current MBA, and Post-MBA candidates
The Invenergy Future Fund embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills
Interested candidates should reach out to Partner@InvenergyFutureFund.com and we will follow up with you. We look forward to hearing from you.