Inter Pipeline is a major petroleum transportation, storage and natural gas liquids processing business that ranks among the largest energy infrastructure companies in Canada. We are proud to be named one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers, which recognizes Alberta businesses that lead their industries by being exceptional places to work.
Located out of our Calgary office, the individual in the NGL Joint Venture Analyst role will report to Manager, NGL Joint Venture. The NGL Joint Venture Analyst performs key analytical work in support of the NGL Joint Venture team. This role focuses on analytics and reporting relating to our Joint Venture activities at the Pioneer 1 and Pioneer 2 facilities, Redwater Olefinic Fractionator (ROF) and Empress II and V assets, making sure that the NGL Joint Venture team has accurate and meaningful data in order to execute work related to those assets successfully.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Evaluating and communicating operational results and scorecards
- Analyzing and evaluating financial metrics, budgets and costs for operating and non- operated assets
- Report on capital spending and update forecasts and accruals for projects on a monthly basis; prepare AFE’s for new capital and expense projects in SAP
- Prepare monthly spending, variance, accrual and forecast summary reports for operating costs
- Review complex invoices (“JIB Billings”) and ensure compliance with contract terms
- Assist in annual budget process for the NGL Processing Group including entering projects and spending profiles into the Budgeting systems
- Monitor daily gas deliveries at the Empress plants to ensure compliance with contract terms
- Review monthly invoices to ensure compliance with contract terms and maintain associated models
- Assist the accounting department with the preparation and analysis of documents for JV assets
- Special projects as requested
Education, Skills and Experience:
- University degree, preferably business related (economics, accounting, engineering, business)
- A minimum of 2 years of commercial or analyst experience in the energy industry
- Prior experience with analytics for non-operated and/or joint-venture assets
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian oil sands, natural gas, midstream and pipeline operations, assets and infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with various internal and external stakeholders
- Highly effective organization skills and attention to detail
- Motivated individual able to work independently and as a team player
If interested, please apply here.