What is it like working at Insignia Ventures Partners (Crunchbase)
- Insignia Ventures Partners is a venture capital with a focus on investments in Southeast Asia. The team consists of seasoned founders and investors that provides resources to startups for growth and expansion.
It is launched by Yinglan Tan, ex-Sequoia partner and CEO of Sequoia Capital (India) Singapore. So what is it like working at Insignia Ventures Partners?
- The sky is the limit right here.
- About the team
- We all have our quirks and differences but we are a unique team of passionate and multi-talented people. Together, we are inspired by that moonshot ambition to reshape markets and change the world.
Starting with Southeast Asia.
- Slack for communication? Check. Open + collaborative workspaces? Check. Beanbags? Check. Flat hierarchies? Check. A learning experience with potential for it to be hella amazing while it tests boundaries? CHECK.
- If you are looking to work alongside some of the best and brightest in a myriad of fields, here is your chance. Come join a team that does great things while creating a life you are passionate about!
- The team is growing and we are looking for Investment Analysts who are looking to change the future of Southeast Asia with us.
Is the role glamorous? Perhaps, because you’ll meet some truly amazing folks in this type of roles who are wildly intelligent that have views and ideas that you could never begin to fathom.
However, there’s also that pressure to prove your “worth” to entrepreneurs, other investors, and your team.
- So, besides some late nights spent on staying updated with the latest financings and keeping up with the steep learning curve; be prepared for tough hours, plenty of calls & emails, meetings, research research research, presentations and preparing materials for the partners.
Basically, everything and anything, getting hands dirty and going beyond to get stuff done while helping to build the future of Southeast Asia with entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
- What you’ll do:
- Research and analyse countries, sectors, companies and other investment topics/opportunities
- Conduct market research, opportunity and competitive landscape for potential investments
- Performing financial analysis and modelling, and interpret company and financial data to help the investment team make investment decisions
- Take part in Investment and financing projects to conduct due diligence, feasibility work and business negotiations;
- Screening pitch decks, meeting startups and assisting with due diligence and writing investment memos
- Participating in events that help build the ecosystem for diverse entrepreneurs in technology and innovation
- Assisting with administrative and project-based responsibilities on ad-hoc basis
- 1 3 years of experience gained in investment banking, accounting, law, private equity, venture capital or management consulting
- Driven to excel, have a passion for venture capital & startups and knowledge in Southeast Asia
- Possess excellent financial modelling, analytical and quantitative skills
- Proficiency in financial and investment concepts
- Expert level Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Sounds like you’ll be an awesome fit? Come join a team that does great things while creating a life you are passionate about!
If interested, please apply here.