Innovation Endeavors is a global venture capital firm co-founded and solely backed by Eric Schmidt. We believe the next wave of $1B-$100B venture opportunities will be driven by ambitious founders using emerging technologies as levers to transform a wide range of industries, from life sciences, food/agriculture, and logistics to financial services, manufacturing, and everything in between. Innovation Endeavors has offices in Silicon Valley and Tel-Aviv.
Some of the companies in our portfolio include Planet Labs, SoFi, Plenty, Zymergen, and Blue River Technology.
Role Description: We are looking for a sharp individual who is passionate about finding, researching, and supporting companies that are transforming large industries.
The role includes:
- Building new investment theses by analyzing and assessing new markets
- Proactively finding and meeting interesting companies and exceptional teams
- Conducting market research through interviews, conferences, and other sources
- Creating content, events, and more to build the firm’s brand in spaces of interest
- Conduct research, customer calls, expert interviews, investor conversations, etc.
- Synthesize findings and make recommendation to investment team
- Portfolio company support:
- Support companies with strategy, hiring, business development, and planning for future financing
- Supporting and managing the firm’s investment process, including:
- Ensure pipeline management and efficiency across the team
- Support the investment process once the decision to invest has been made
- Manage portfolio performance analytics
Desired Skills and Experience: We are looking for someone with 2-4 years of previous work experience, ideally with a background in management consulting or banking. Technical background or technical experience is preferred but not required. Previous investing experience is also not required.
The ideal candidate:
- Extremely passionate and excited by the intersection of large markets and emerging technologies
- Graduated from a top university
- 2-4 years of work experience at a top-tier firm in a related field, preferably management consulting
- Strong business toolkit and critical thinking skills; good grasp on technology and tech business models
- Able to develop perspective on companies in an analytical way with limited information
- Comfortable leading and participating in team discussions, sharing own opinion
- Strong interpersonal skills, a creative problem-solving style, and exceptional work ethic
- Super power is execution; self-starter and able to initiate work or projects
- Enjoys working in a small team environment
- Based in the Bay Area (or is willing to relocate to the Bay Area)
If interested, please send our resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org