Industry Ventures is seeking an intellectually curious Portfolio Analyst to join our growing team. The Portfolio Analyst will work cross-functionally, interfacing with the Investment Team, Finance, and Investor Relations. Primary responsibilities include maintaining a dynamic database that monitors existing investments and reporting and communicating insights to the broader team. This role sits within the Investment Team and the candidate will have the opportunity to learn the intricacies of the venture capital industry.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a base salary with annual performance-based bonus.
About Industry Ventures
Industry Ventures is a leading investment firm that invests in private, venture-backed, technology companies and venture capital funds. Founded in 2000, the firm manages over $3 billion of institutional capital and is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with additional offices in Washington, D.C. Industry Ventures is passionate about working with leading growth companies, their founders, and the venture fund managers that help finance their businesses. Our extensive relationship network fuels significant proprietary deal flow and due diligence capabilities.
- Maintain and enhance a dynamic database that tracks portfolio company information
- Prepare and analyze portfolio data for quarterly reports
- Work closely with the Investment Team to track portfolio company KPIs on a quarterly basis
- Proactively analyze portfolio companies for new and follow-on investment opportunities
- Manage portfolio models for Industry Ventures’ funds
- Generate insightful analyses for Investor Relations
- Evaluate new software systems to improve tracking, analyzing, and disseminating portfolio information
- Assist with legal, finance, and administrative tasks related to the portfolios
- BA/BS from a leading undergraduate institution
- Outstanding academic record
- Self-starter with the ability to work well with limited oversight
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptionally skilled with MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- 1+ year working in an analytical role with large data sets
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, or related fields
- Interest in venture capital and startups
If interested, please apply here.