Speedinvest is a leading European venture capital fund for digital startups. With more than 170M Euro under management, Speedinvest works side-by-side with early-stage entrepreneurs to build great companies. Thanks to our hands-on model, our global partner network and our operations in Silicon Valley, we have managed to become one of the main focal points for the European startup community. Speedinvest has successfully invested in companies such as Shpock, Tourradar, Wefox, Bitmovin, Wikifolio and others.
About Our Graduate/Internship Program
The six- to twelve-month Graduate/Internship Program based in Vienna or Munich is a unique opportunity to gain first-hand insights into the startup and venture capital ecosystem and acquire knowledge in strategy and execution. You will work with the investment team with a focus on Industry 4.0. Internally, you will be an integral part of our investment team, supporting Partners and Associates in all aspects of their work and thus learn the basics of the daily venture capital business. The program will give you the opportunity to work alongside experienced entrepreneurs on projects which will have a real impact on the business world. You will enjoy a great deal of responsibility and will have the possibility to contribute to a number of exciting projects.
Above all Speedinvest Industry 4.0. will concentrate on software companies with industrial applications and sees a tremendous growth potential in the following sectors:
- Industrial Internet of Things
- Factory of the Future
- Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality
- Big Data and Analytics
- IT and Data Security
- Artificial Intelligence for Industrial applications
- Blockchain for Industrial applications
- Digital products and services in industrial applications
Speedinvest plans to invest across whole of Europe with a focus on Germany, Austria and Switzerland as well as in Central & Eastern Europe.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Analyze and track companies and sectors relevant to our investment thesis.
- Analyze potential target companies’ business models and KPIs and develop coherent financial models.
- Perform due diligence on potential portfolio companies, including commercial, financial and operational analyses.
- Assist Partners and Associates building investment cases for potential deals.
- Participate in weekly investment meetings and regular workshops with entrepreneurs.
- Support portfolio companies on specific projects.
- Assist the team with administrative duties, including fund reporting, pipeline management, applicant feedback, travel schedules, preparation for major events, and other initiatives.
- Strong academic performance and extracurricular involvement. Completion of or in the final stage of completion of a university degree, preferably in informatics, physics, automation engineering and electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Relevant undergraduate work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment or (inhouse) consulting within an industrial company or consulting company focusing on manufacturing.
- Understanding of industrial SME’s, industrial production processes and value chains.
- Excellent analytical skills, commercial acumen and critical thinking ability.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. Fluency in German is mandatory.
- Demonstrated research abilities.
- Strong work ethic and a genuine interest in technology.
- An entrepreneurial ‘can-do’ attitude. You take initiative!
- A high level of self-organization and independence. You possess the ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities and achieve solutions.
- Coding skills are nice to have.
If interested, please apply here.