Impact Community Capital is a pioneer of the impact investment space. Founded in 1998 solely to generate institutional quality, purpose-driven investments, IMPACT has maintained its focus ever since. IMPACT was among the first to use securitizations to deliver capital in scale for affordable housing. Originally launched to make and manage the investments for a group of large institutional investors, IMPACT is raising outside capital and is poised for significant growth.
With $2 billion of investments originated to date to provide affordable housing, healthcare, childcare and economic opportunities, IMPACT seeks to guide existing impact investors as well as investors new to the space, who are seeking to unleash the power of capital to transform communities. There’s a lot of excitement generated by impact investing today. At IMPACT, its 20-year focus provides it with a clear-eyed view.
To learn more about IMPACT, please visit http://impactcapital.net/.
ABOUT THE POSITION
IMPACT is seeking an Investment Analyst to join its growing team. This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual who has experience structuring and evaluating investment funds to apply those skills and to generate positive returns for both investors and communities.
Reporting to IMPACT’s Chief Investment Officer, the Investment Analyst will work closely with the firm’s executive management team, a team that collectively possesses an average of two decades of capital markets and community development expertise.
- Lead the development of financial models to evaluate potential returns generated by investments across a range of sectors, included, but not limited to, multi-family housing, childcare, and community health
- Support investment process, including due diligence, preparation of investment memoranda, pitch books, financial modeling, and valuations
- Research market, industry, benchmarks, and competitive trends, with an eye toward generating and evaluating investment ideas
- Coordinate measurement and monitoring of investment performance at the security and fund level
- Coordinate measurement and monitoring of positive impact through our portfolio, research publications, events, impact assessments, and various strategies to enhance investment operations
- Contribute to the development and implementation of financial monitoring and portfolio reporting systems, supporting overall organizational growth
- Assist with financial planning and reporting, investor relationship management, and related administrative tasks to ensure effective investment management operations
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of three years of work experience in a relevant field, including private equity, venture capital, investment banking, consulting, or entrepreneurial ventures.
- CFA designation (or CFA in process) and/or MBA
- Quantitative & Analytical: You have demonstrated experience in quantitative analysis within finance, economics, accounting, statistics, and related fields. You have exceptional analytical abilities as shown through your work experience and academic accomplishments.
- Passion for the Sector: You are passionate about making a difference in the world. Several of these areas excite you—impact investing, technology, entrepreneurship, social innovation, impact measurement, systems thinking, and social justice.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in entrepreneurial, dynamic environments. You’re self-motivated, and comfortable taking on new tasks or projects with little direction and adjusting course quickly under tight deadlines. You love learning new things.
- Professional: You can prioritize, be organized, communicate effectively, work with attention to detail, and follow through.
- Dynamic Communicator: You have strong writing, oral and interpersonal communication skills, and can express ideas with clarity and conciseness.
- Fluent in MS Office: You are proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Knowledge of analytic tools: Bloomberg Professional Services, Trepp, Yield Book, Barclays POINT / PORT, and Intex.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
If interested, please apply here.