Hyundai America Technical Center Inc. (HATC) is looking for a Business / Investment Analyst to join the Hyundai CRADLE team in Menlo Park, CA. You would work in collaboration with the Strategy & Technology Division (STD) of Hyundai Motor Company (HMC).
- Supports investment managers by providing financial and business analysis about target company
- Defines assumptions for the quantification and analysis of investments, acquisitions, or divestitures.
- Assesses the feasibility of identified investment opportunities by performing financial analysis and cost modeling to determine projected impact on CRADLE’s resources and by analyzing projected investment returns.
- Supports Venture Investment Managers in writing reports for equity investments in startups, opportunities in becoming a limited partner in a venture capital funds, or partial or full asset acquisition opportunities.
- Participates in the development of long-range financial forecasts and related budgets; considers financial constraints when assessing investment alternatives
- Assesses portfolio performance against benchmarks; prepares investor reports with performance analysis and insights.
- Performs post-sale monitoring and review of divested assets; develops financial reports to communicate with investment team
- Creates business analysis reports and presentations to disseminate relevant information about financial metrics specific to market opportunities, trends, and technologies within CRADLE and HMG.
- Collaborates with CRADLE and STD peers to analyze financial implications of investment proposals.
- Conducts deep dive analyses of acquisition targets including: product-market fit and competitiveness, intellectual property (e.g., patents, prior art, trade secrets) assessment, business (revenue) model, valuation, investment amount / ownership stake, potential co-investors, business risks, and proposed technology / product / business development plan in partnership with an affiliate of HMG.
- Travel 15 % Domestic and International
If interested, please apply here.