HHMI (Linkedin, Crunchbase) is widely recognized as an innovative national philanthropy, the world’s foremost medical research organization, a leading light in science education and a top institutional investor.
Located in the Washington, DC area, HHMI is seeking an Investment Operations Analyst to be a member of the team that invests and manages HHMI’s $20 billion endowment fund. HHMI’s endowment comprises a diverse portfolio, including investments in domestic and international hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, real assets and direct co-investments, as well as publicly-traded domestic and foreign stocks, government securities and other strategies spanning multiple asset classes.
HHMI has achieved its leadership role by aligning our mission with our vision, capitalizing on change, encouraging risk taking, and fostering innovation. At HHMI, you are not just an employee – you are part of a creative and talented team with colleagues whose expertise ranges across a multitude of areas.
Among other responsibilities, in this role you will:
- Implement, communicate and research best practices in a wide range of areas related to investment fund operations and administration
- Manage closing documentation for HHMI’s investments and ongoing portfolio-related certifications, amendments, and other documentation
- Complete domestic and international regulatory filings and registrations
- Oversee various data acquisition, reporting and filing processes
- Actively monitor external and internal investment guidelines
- Assist in the conduct of due diligence reviews of prospective and existing investment managers
- Administer selected contracts related to your responsibilities
- Collaborate with other members of HHMI’s investment team on special projects
- Travel domestically and internationally, primarily to visit HHMI’s world-class investment managers and counterparties (approximately 10-20%)
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Management, or Economics
- At least 3 years of related experience working for an investment fund, institutional investor, asset manager or other financial institution
- Familiarity with all or some of the following: internal compliance procedures, investment subscription and redemption documentation and other investment-related agreements, due diligence processes, governmental filings and registrations
- Ability to build and leverage professional relationships with internal colleagues, external investment managers, counterparties, vendors and other institutional investors
- Eagerness to manage multiple time-sensitive responsibilities without continuous supervision
- Comfortable with new technologies, software applications and administrative procedures
If interested, please apply here.