Heartland Ventures is a Midwest-based venture capital firm. Our investment process provides direct value to our two key stakeholders: industry-leading Middle American corporations and high-growth startups. We achieve this by partnering with private corporations to uncover pressing business issues and connecting them with qualified startups that solve those issues.
Who we are:
Heartland Ventures is comprised of a team of driven and forward-thinking innovators with a strong commitment to upholding the highest standards in both our quality of work and our core “Midwestern values”. As a team, we are motivated by our desire for innovation and by the challenge of discovering new and creative opportunities. We are diligent, detail-oriented, and selective in our investment opportunities. We pride ourselves on our teamwork and ability to utilize our diverse mindsets to develop a highly-differentiated offering to stakeholders. As such, we appreciate and value the diversity and unique set of skills that each team member brings to the table and we are seeking an additional team-member that will bring a fresh perspective.
Heartland Ventures is seeking a full-time Investment Analyst to assist us as a valuable asset to our team. The Investment Analyst role is for high achievers who are looking to join a young and growing venture firm. You will do a ton, learn even more, and come away with a deep and practical understanding of venture finance.
The Analyst will be responsible for fund due diligence, research, and reporting. They should have an investigative personality, a highly logical mindset, and a passion for technology. Being a self-starter is critical to success in this position because we are a small team looking to build the foundation of something transformative! The ideal candidate is positive, diligent, and an excellent communicator.
- Liaise with other VCs (particularly in Silicon Valley and New York) and network with industry professionals
- Closely monitor press and keep track of market trends, and new investment opportunities
- Lead new investment diligence and external research to support investment decision
- Compile advisory reports and make informed recommendations on new investment opportunities that could enhance our portfolio
Skills, Requirements, and Qualifications:
- Ability to uncover trends and see what is not immediately obvious when researching a new technology
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects at hand
- Naturally curious and interested in emerging technologies
- 1-3 years of experience as an Investment analyst
- Familiarity with CRM programs
If interested, please apply here.