GreatPoint is a three year old venture capital firm with $400m+ under management led by former Oracle President and former Kleiner Perkins Partner Ray Lane, serial entrepreneur Andrew Perlman, and serial entrepreneur and investor Ashok Krishnamurthi. We tend to invest at Series A and Series B, leading rounds, joining boards, and forming close operational partnerships with entrepreneurs.
GreatPoint invests in and builds companies solving big problems that can transform industries and benefit society. From enterprise software to healthcare (the fastest databases on earth to surgical robotics) we invest where we can add a meaningful advantage through our operational experience, network, and love for company-building.
We’ve been among the earliest backers of 25 companies across two funds, including:
- Uptake: Predictive analytics for the industrial world
- Beyond Meat: Plant-based “meat” that tastes great
- Skyhawk Therapeutics: developing drugs that cure the underlying genetics of cancers and neurological diseases
- Spring Labs: A secure, decentralized network for identity and credit data
- Activ Surgical: An autonomous surgical robotics platform
- Kinetica: A GPU-architected database for processing the fasted data on earth
- Vim: A marketplace to redesign the US Healthcare system
- MycoTechnology: An ingredients company that uses mushrooms to naturally sweeten foods
THE ANALYST ROLE
We’re looking for an analyst to help us invest and build companies. Our investment team is small—just six of us—and we work fluidly together. We have a relatively flat organization and culture where Partners challenge Analysts and Analysts challenge Partners.
There’s no “right” set of experiences for this job. Great candidates might be operators, engineers, founders, scientists, consultants, bankers, researchers or other things we can’t even think of. We care about ability and energy, not pedigree. We expect to hire somebody with 2-5 years of work experience.
What we’re looking for
Values and culture
- Hunger to build things that transform industries and society for good
- Love of technology and entrepreneurship
- Intellectual curiosity and love of learning
- No jerks — we value integrity and maturity
- Ability to level-up knowledge on complex topics and technologies quickly
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Strong writing ability
We get excited about candidates who…
- Show a demonstrated creative / entrepreneurial streak
- Bring a unique set of opinions and ideas to the table — challenge our thinking!
- Bring personality / flavor to the team
- Aren’t afraid to ask questions or ask for help
What you’ll do
- Investment diligence
- Research companies and map markets
- Conduct technical diligence on a the wide variety technologies we’re assessing
- Conduct diligence conversations with technical experts and industry leaders
- Thesis building
- Help us prioritize areas of focus and deeper dives
- Refine theses via research and written analysis
- Written Analysis
- Synthesize research and diligence into clear written analysis and investment memos
- Sourcing and network-building
- Bring companies and ideas to the table that we otherwise would not have known about or appreciated
- Get out and hustle — represent GreatPoint as you build your professional network
- Assist with events, internal reporting, scaling systems like our CRM, investor communications, etc.
- Work on your own ideas for how to make GreatPoint a better firm
- Portfolio Management
- Help us as we work with our portfolio companies, attend board meetings, etc.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive base salary and bonus eligibility
- Health, dental, vision, HSA and FSA plans
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible time-off policy
To apply for this role please fill out this form: APPLICATION FORM