This position provides analytical support for business model innovation team globally. Participates in industry events & analyzes key trends in industry & competitive activity. Supports project leaders by building business model options, understanding customer value creation, participating in business experiments, performing economic sensitivity modeling & providing analysis of profit drivers.
- Innovation platforms: Analyzes trends, opportunity spaces, & recommends areas of focus for the innovation team
- Value propositions: Supports building of minimum viable prototypes to get user feedback
- Business Model Development: Supports the design & execution of experiments focused on learning about key assumptions in the new business models under development
- Financial statement analysis & support: Provides support in building P&Ls for innovation projects. Analyzes the effect of uncertainties in profit models by employing simulation techniques
- Incubation support: Analyzes results of ongoing incubation & highlights progress made on the learning plans for businesses in incubation
Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing, economics or social sciences
- 3-5 years of experience in innovation, business analytics, financial modelling, or engineering
Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge required: Fundamental knowledge of business processes.
- Skills required: Organization skills, strong Microsoft Access/Excel skills and/or other database programs, a team player, strong communication skills, influence skills, self-directing, and ability to work in a very fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Skills desired: Strong financial/statistical analysis, foreign language, mathematical modeling, international experience, technical experience
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to http://www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If interested, please apply here.