G2VP seeks an analyst or associate to help analyze investment opportunities within markets of potential interest, work with portfolio companies and contribute to fund operations.
We are a new fund that invests in exceptional teams applying new technologies to traditional industries, sustainably.
We focus on innovation that has application in industries that make up more than half of the global economy, such as transportation, energy, manufacturing, agriculture, and logistics. Our investment stages range from venture to growth.
G2VP is led by four partners (Ben Kortlang, Brook Porter, David Mount, Daniel Oros) who have worked together for the last ten years as partners at KPCB’s $1B Green Growth Fund. We’re a small, flat team with a culture that encourages independent thinking, primary research, self-direction and a meritocracy of ideas.
Your time will be split between:
- Sourcing efforts – handling sourcing pipeline, developing pipeline analytics, running analysis on potential new investments.
- Deal execution – building financial models and market growth forecasts, conducting primary diligence, developing investment memorandums.
- Portfolio management – assisting in quarterly tracking efforts for existing portfolio, assisting portfolio companies on special projects as relevant.
- Fund operations – assisting in Limited Partner reporting, events and visits, assisting in ad-hoc fund operations.
What we are looking for in you:
- At least two years of work experience at an investment bank or consulting firm requiring critical analysis of business models and financial statements.
- Experience developing robust, intuitive financial and market models.
- Established record as an intellectually curious ‘self-starter’ with an interest in continuous improvement.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent analytical reasoning, and an ability to present complex ideas and information in simple persuasive form, both written and orally.
- Real passion for investing and the entrepreneurial process.
- Strong interpersonal skills and interest in developing a robust network in target markets.
- Professional and personal maturity that demonstrate unquestionable integrity and sound business instincts.
- MBA or graduate level academic work preferred but not required.
This is a full-time job starting either immediately or summer of 2018. Expectation of 2-4 years in this role.
To express interest in this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review applications on a rolling basis.
In your cover letter, please indicate emerging technology trends that interest you, and potential areas within the transportation, energy, industrials, agriculture, or logistics markets that you believe represent the largest potential opportunities for new investments (as specific as possible). Please also include any experience related to independent market research.