The investment analyst responsibilities will include deal flow screening, investment-target due diligence, and post-investment portfolio management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in introductory deal-flow meetings and calls.
- Track and prioritize potential investment pipeline.
Assist in the preparation of investment committee diligence deliverables.
Support a variety of decision-supporting quantitative modeling efforts, including:
Capitalization tables and exit-proceed distribution waterfalls.
Business, financial and health economics modeling.
Benchmarking comparables of M&A exits, investment valuations, clinical trials and regulatory review timelines.
Conduct multi-axis competitive landscape mapping and value-chain analysis.
Perform secondary qualitative research of markets, technology, science and therapeutic standards of care.
Post-Investment Portfolio Management
Support optimization of portfolio performance:
Track portfolio company milestones and cash runways, analyze budgeted versus actual cash burn.
Assist in analysis of- and preparation for- follow-on financing rounds.
Stay current on industry trends and emerging technologies in markets that are strategic to Fresenius and its portfolio.
Prepare periodic corporate reporting packages, and maintain ongoing portfolio, pipeline and project updates for internal stakeholders.
Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel up to 25%, may require international travel
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in disciplines such as Business, Finance, Data Analytics or STEM.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 5+ years’ related experience.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in life sciences venture capital, investment banking or corporate development.
- Knowledgeable in venture capital terminology, investment process, transaction structuring and documentation.
- Proficient in business modeling and forecasting, financial analysis and benchmarking.
- Experience in mining a variety of online resources, such as EDGAR, FDA device and drug databases, NCBI and PitchBook.
- Advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- A team player, with an insatiable curiosity, the ability to scale steep learning curves on a short clock, a ‘can do’ attitude, the self-confidence to work independently, and the ability to perform in an environment of ambiguity and imperfect information.
If interested, please apply here.