The Investment Analyst will be based in Austin, TX. The Investment Analyst will be responsible for a variety of portfolio management functions within the newly formed Strategic Investments group at Flex. We have a variety of investment programs, from direct to indirect, and minority to majority, with the primary goals of continuing our transformation into a Sketch-to-Scale solutions provider and enabling our customers to compete with cutting edge technologies.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Evaluate business plans, financial statements, and projections to understand the financial risks and opportunities associated with proposed investments
- Review term sheets and financing agreements to ensure Flex interests and objectives are aligned with existing and proposed stakeholders
- Analyze target markets, both existing and new to Flex, gaining deep understanding of success drivers and our ability to achieve targeted returns.
- Propose deal structures and conduct due diligence activities.
- Create portfolio KPIs, reports, and valuation analyses that align with venture capital reporting requirements.
- Conduct regular business reviews with portfolio companies to monitor valuation drivers.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- Broad understanding of the technology industry and associated business models.
- Strong familiarity with the venture capital process and corporate development and M&A activities.
- Expert level financial modeling skills using Excel; database skills are a strong plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong skills in distilling complex financial concepts into concise, actionable business summaries.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Investment.
- Client / customer experience.
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
IF interested, please apply here.