EYBOX, in collaboration with byFounders, is looking to recruit an Associate to join the byFounders investment team as their Lead Analyst. You will be employed by EYBOX and leverage the “superpowers” – access to the EY global network of people, data and content, but will be fully dedicated to working full time with the investment team at byFounders. The position will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark. It will include travel to wherever the most exciting startups are located in the Nordic and Baltic region, as well as attendance at events, etc.
You will support the investment process including sourcing, diligence, portfolio management and both creation and articulation of investment thesis. You will also play a critical role in the operations of the firm, help manage the day-to-day activities, including reporting to investors, fund administration, event planning and other marketing activities, and work on building out the byFounders platform. Furthermore, you will participate in relevant EY initiatives focused on start-up, growth, venture services to expand your skill-set and further develop EY’s platform.
Some other responsibilities using the EYBOX platform:
- Leveraging the global library of data and content from EY; you will work with the byFounders investment team to identify investment prospects, review pitch decks, perform due diligence on prospective companies, research industries and competitors, build financial models and conduct sensitivity analyses
- Perform market research and due diligence for potential investments
- Report to investors, which includes helping value investments, writing quarterly updates, and packaging the material for investors
- Work with portfolio companies, including research projects, competitor analysis, valuation work, and platform development
- Support other operational activities with byFounders.
We are looking for a person who has 2-3 years relevant work experience from either a high growth tech startup, venture capital, corporate strategy, a top tier management consulting company or investment bank. You have a master’s degree in technology, commercial or a similar discipline.
- You are strong in analytics, diligence, and quantitative problem solving.
- You have strong social skills as well as the ability to learn quickly in order to tap into EY’s broad and deep repository and network.
- You have high energy level and a deep understanding of and an interest in venture capital and technology markets
- You have balance of creativity and deep analytical rigour along with a passion for the technology startup ecosystem and markets.
- You have strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills coupled with strong organizational skills.
- Some entrepreneurial experience is preferred, either founding or being part of a startup
About byFounders and EYBOX
byFounders is a “for founders by founders” early stage venture fund built on the foundation and backing of a strong Founders Collective comprising a significant group of some of the most successful Danish & Nordic entrepreneurs investing in and supporting a new generation of globally ambitious Nordic and Baltic entrepreneurs.
EYBOX is a branded solution in EY’s global strategy practice. EYBOX partners with leading companies to uncover plausible futures launch new businesses and rewire their core through data and digital in the search for new profit pools and business models.
Here’s how to apply:
We’ve noticed that people who are successful in VC have already formed relationships with people in technology and are incredibly resourceful. Therefore, if you can manage a personal introduction to Eric Lagier or Tommy Andersen from someone we know, we strongly encourage it. Please include a link to your LinkedIn proﬁle with the introduction. Alternatively, you are welcome to apply here (https://byfounders.typeform.com/to/UNTywr).
If interested, please apply here.