The ESB Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution pension schemes are two of the largest occupational pension schemes in Ireland. The Trustees are responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Fund’s investment policy and have implemented a specialist investment structure with investments managed externally by Irish and International investment management companies.
The Trustees are supported in their work by the ESB Pensions Office including in-house Investment Officer and a fund accounting team. An opportunity now exists for an Investment Analyst reporting to the in-house Investment Officer.
Role Description/Key Responsibilities
Working in this team environment you will be a key person in relation to all aspects of the investment cycle, key tasks including
- Monitoring Fund performance relative to liabilities and benchmarks
- Evaluation of Investment Managers across multi asset classes
- Monitoring the directly managed portfolio which includes property, infrastructure, forestry, venture capital, private equity and cash
- Assisting in the provision of reporting for Trustees
- Overseeing the implementation of investment strategy
- Liaising with Investment Managers, Consultants, Custodians and other third party Advisors
- Understanding regulatory requirements and reporting
Assisting with fund accounting and controlEssential Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrate an ability to understand and analyse investment portfolios and multiple asset classes and have an interest in investment markets
- Excellent financial and analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Understanding of how various fund structures operate especially with respect to property and infrastructure funds
- Be proactive with good problem solving, judgement and decision making skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and take ownership of projects
Motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work well in a teamQualificationsEither a 3rd Level qualification/professional qualification or equivalent work experience is essentialGeneralESB will support you through formal training and work shadowing and will work with you to develop your career path in ESB.
The position will initially be in Gateway Building 2, East Wall Road, Dublin 3, before relocating to 27 Lr. Fitzwilliam Street, Dublin 2.
If interested, please apply here.