The Analyst position at Eniac Ventures is a two-year role based in San Francisco. As an Analyst, you’ll learn the fundamentals of the venture capital business and gain insight into many innovative technology startups and markets. The Analyst will work directly with the general partners to support the investment process including sourcing, diligence, deal closing, portfolio management and both creation and articulation of investment thesis. The Analyst will also play a critical role in the operations of the firm, help us manage the day-to-day activities and work on building out our platform.
- Assist in the venture capital investment process. Specifically, the analyst will work with the general partners to identify investment prospects, review pitch decks, perform due diligence on prospective companies, research industries and competitors, build financial models and conduct sensitivity analyses
- Perform market research and due diligence for potential investments, which will entail financial and analytics modeling, testing products and generating industry landscapes
- Reporting for our investors, which includes helping value our investments, writing quarterly updates, and packaging the material for our investors
- Working with portfolio companies, including research projects, competitor analysis, valuation work, and platform development
- Support other operational activities associated with the firm, including marketing, fund administration and event planning
- Identifying and writing industry thought leadership content for Eniac’s website and social channels
- Executing projects of your own direction that help Eniac and our portfolio companies
The ideal candidate will have a balance of creativity and deep analytical rigor along with a passion for the technology startup ecosystem and markets.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or related from a top university
- 2-3 years of prior experience as an Analyst or Associate at a top tier technology investment bank, private equity firm, management consulting firm, technology start ups or technology publication
- Demonstrated analytical ability and attention to detail
- Deep understanding of and interest in the venture capital and technology markets
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills coupled with strong organizational skills
We expect a tremendous amount from our Analyst, but we know it will be one of the most rewarding positions and opportunities to get started in the venture capital business.
If interested, please apply here.