We are seeking a new addition to our ed tech team to expand our ability to seek out and make new investments. While the individual in this role will focus on the investment process, s/he may also participate in ongoing management and support of our ed tech portfolio. Specifically, s/he will:
- Conduct market research and competitive landscape analysis to identify education industry trends, gaps, and opportunities and to proactively identify potential investment opportunities,
- Contribute to our investment processes, including research, due diligence, and documentation,
- Assist with our team systems and processes, including around knowledge management and events.
- Take on special projects as they arise.
- You’re passionate about improving education in the U.S. and have a good understanding of the U.S. education system.
- You have experience conducting research to identify trends, gaps, and opportunities.
- You’re able to evaluate businesses for potential to succeed financially and in terms of impact.
- You love learning new things. You learn quickly and independently.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and exceptional written communication skills.
- You have strong organization and prioritization skills. You thrive in entrepreneurial, dynamic environments. You’re comfortable taking on new tasks or projects with little direction and adjusting course quickly in response to feedback.
- You respond to new ideas, projects, and tasks with enthusiasm and a sense of possibility.
- You have experience in the education field (e.g. as a teacher, as a volunteer, as part of an education-focused company or organization, etc.)
- You have experience working at an ed tech company, ed tech investor, or school using ed tech
- You have deep experience working in or with diverse communities or communities facing great obstacles to opportunity.
We’d love to hear from you! Please send us your resume, a short (<200 words) note about your interest in the role, and a short (<200 words) answer to the following questions: What’s one early-stage ed tech venture focused on the U.S. market you’re excited about, and why are you excited about it?
Please send the above to Ross Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org AND Jomayra Herrera at email@example.com, using “Ed tech analyst application” as your subject line.