EDC (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC’s knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer. EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team and Job Overview
EDC is seeking a financial professional to be an important contributor for a two year contract assignment on the Investments Team. The candidate will be a recent graduate of an undergraduate or graduate program. He or she will be a key contributor in developing investment proposals and evaluating the progress of and outlook for existing portfolio companies, be able to develop mastery of a variety of technology and software platforms used to manage our business, provide support to deal teams and Investment Managers predominantly in an analytical and research capacity, and be responsible for following industry trends.
The position is located in Ottawa, and the individual will report to the Director – EDC Investments.
- Contributes to the identification and monitoring of opportunities for private equity investments through direct investing, co-investing or investing across a combination of investment/asset class specializations.
- Contributes to the assessment of the needs of clients to determine value-added means EDC can support their business plans.
- Works with business development and underwriting teams to help cross-sell and deliver financial solutions to clients.
- Helps develop and maintain detailed financial models for direct investments.
- Ensures discipline around data integrity.
- With oversight, works as part of a team on financing transactions and contributes to the management of a proportionate share of transactions/customer portfolios
- Supports account management function in managing customer expectations at various stages of the process
- Ensures discipline around data integrity
- Contributes, as part of the deal teams, to the evaluation of complex, highly structured or high risk financial transactions.
- Audits, develops and utilizes customized Excel financial models for valuation, risk assessment and cash flow profiling purposes.
- Contributes to various reporting requirements for the Investments Program.
- Researches and develops views on industry (including financial markets) and technology trends.
- Develops familiarity with deal terms, negotiation and legal documentation.
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, with a concentration in Finance or Accounting
- Up to 2 years of experience in financial services
- Demonstrated outstanding financial modeling skills
- Knowledge of private equity and/or venture capital
- Bachelor in Engineering or Computer Science
- International and/or commercial banking experience
- Bilingualism in both official languages (English and French)
If interested, please apply here.