Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.
This position will work alongside other members of the team to help lead, negotiate, and execute the company’s acquisitions, divestitures, strategic partnerships, and other business development initiatives. In addition, the role will actively support the investment activities of ECMC Group’s Education Impact Fund, which makes invests over $10 million annually in early stage, mission-aligned, for-profit education companies and investment funds. The role is suited for talented, experienced, and highly motivated individuals who are passionate about the intersection of education, investing, and impact. ECMC’s Corporate Development group is a small team where all individuals have the opportunity to take on significant responsibility as they grow within the organization.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze external market dynamics, assess trends, and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management, via understanding of the business model and the information available for analysis.
- Responsible for supporting and coordinating due diligence efforts related to acquisition, divestitures, and investment opportunities.
- Support research and diligence on M&A, divestiture, and investment targets, including financial, qualitative, operating, and valuation analyses for financial / strategic feasibility.
- Utilize DCF and other valuation techniques to assess the economic value of potential transactions. Create detailed, dynamic operating and financial models to assess the impacts of various scenarios. Work closely with senior management to validate assumptions and determine reasonableness of various assumptions and synergies.
- Supports the structuring and negotiation of term sheets and definitive agreements.
- Develop investment memos and supporting presentations for ECMC Group Investment Committee and Board of Directors.
- Post-acquisition integration and operational support to ensure operational alignment and execution.
Impact Investment (ECMC Group Education Impact Fund)
- Identifying impact investment prospects through research and networking at industry events, reviewing company presentations, performing due diligence on prospect companies, conducting market and competitive landscaping, and building financial and operating models.
- Engaging with other members of the investment team to continuously refine and evaluate investment thesis and identify new investment themes and perspectives.
- Supporting portfolio companies across various operating activities, including business development, strategy, financing, and impact measurement.
- Supporting internal operational activities, including external marketing / reporting, management of investment pipeline CRM, financial and impact reporting activities for the impact investment portfolio.
- Supporting the structuring and negotiation of term sheets and definitive agreements.
- Developing investment memos and supporting presentations for ECMC Group Education Impact Fund Investment Committee.
- Complies with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years experience
- Minimum two years of work experience in a relevant field, including venture capital, private equity, investment banking, management consulting, or corporate development.
- Master’s Degree
- 3-5 years experience
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Candidates with demonstrated interest in education and / or impact investing are preferred.
- Exceptional analytical abilities and financial modeling skills and working knowledge of financial and accounting theory.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Comfort working in a collaborative, fast-paced, results-driven environment and an ability to deliver high quality, thoughtful, and accurate work in a timely manner.
- Self-starter with a track record of going above and beyond what is asked.
- An ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues, entrepreneurs, investors, and other partners.
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, control and prioritize work/projects. Ability to regularly communicate progress to appropriate stake holders.
- Displays and promotes high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational and government standards.
- Ensures Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments; acts with a clear sense of ownership and takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions and failures. [Follows through; provides updates; seeks feedback; admits errors]
- Communicates Effectively: Speaks and writes in a clear, compelling and concise manner that meets the needs of different audiences. Listens actively and encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. [Shares knowledge; actively listens; asks questions; clear & concise]
- Service Oriented: Gains insights into the needs of your customer to build strong relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions. [Understands & responds; anticipates needs; exceeds expectations; genuine]
- Learns and Innovates: Actively learns while tackling new challenges; creates new and better ways for ECMC Group to be successful. [Solution focused; flexible; seeks new approaches; tests & learns; generates & nurtures ideas; embraces diverse thinking]
- Will have no direct reports
Office: Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office environment that requires normal safety precautions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Sedentary work: Job involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing etc. may be minimally required.
Occasionally – up to 25% of the time.
Posted 30+ Days Ago Full time R3096
ECMC Group is a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students recognize and realize their potential by investing in, creating and providing innovative education solutions that support schools and improve student educational outcomes.
Helping Students Succeed Since 1994
- 13.9 Million student loan borrowers helped
- 34 Thousand Career and Technical Education students graduated
- $100 Million in Philanthropic giving
At ECMC Group, we don’t just talk about valuing our employees; we back it up by providing a comprehensive, competitive Total Rewards package
- Health & wellness benefits- Variety of medical, dental, and vision insurance plans to meet diverse needs, plus ECMC Group covers more of the cost for these benefits than 75% of other employers do. Company paid life & disability insurance, pre-tax flexible spending accounts and robust wellness programs including access to on-site gym and free group fitness classes.
- Financial benefits- Generous 401(k) plan with a company match up to 6%, paid time off starting at 20 days/year and commuter subsidy which covers the full cost of a Metropass.
- Education assistance- Tuition reimbursement up to $10,500/year for approved programs, Student loan reimbursement up to $400/month and scholarship program for dependents of employees.
If interested, please apply here.