Work as a member of a ten-person investment team that manages Dartmouth College’s $5 billion endowment, as well as other College investment pools totaling >$500 million. This role will be focused on the endowment’s private equity and venture capital (“PE/VC”) portfolio, which represents a meaningful and growing portion of the endowment, and includes primary and secondary fund investments, as well as direct co-investments. The primary responsibilities will include: working closely with the PE/VC Managing Director and Associate Director to perform due diligence on prospective investment managers and to monitor current managers; supporting the CIO and Managing Directors in establishing, monitoring and enhancing the endowment’s overall investment strategy; and developing tools to monitor portfolio exposures, liquidity, and other key metrics. This position requires a passion for investments; a commitment to teamwork; exceptional communication skills; and an ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously. This position is designed for a minimum tenure of 2-3 years, and it is designed to allow for additional responsibilities and promotions over time, at the discretion of the CIO and Managing Directors.
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for investing.
- Advanced quantitative and analytical skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Familiarity with general investment principles and characteristics of various asset classes.
- Creative ability to pursue improvement in the analytical tools currently in use.
- Ability to independently gather relevant information and data.
- Team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- One to three years of experience in a financial or analytical field.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data and making fact-based recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Progress toward the CFA or CAIA encouraged, but not required.
SEIU Level Not an SEIU Position FLSA Exempt Employment Category Regular Full Time Department Contact for Cover Letter Heather Huff Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
If interested, please apply here.