Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Ventures Analyst in New York.
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its three businesses: Essential Dairy and Plant Based Products, Waters, and Specialized Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success.
To further this mission, Danone Manifesto Ventures (DV), Danone’s corporate venture fund, was formed. Through DV, we invest early in high potential food and beverage brands and related companies that share our vision of a future of healthy food. As a strategic investor, DV partners with food and beverage start-ups to not only help accelerate their growth but also to learn from them. We have strong beliefs and convictions, as stated in the Danone Manifesto, and a key criteria of our investment philosophy is a start-up company’s fit with this manifesto.
About the job:
We are looking for a bright, self-motivated, and thoughtful Investment Analyst. The Ventures analyst will support the investment process including sourcing, investment research (companies, industries, & markets), build financial and other quantitative models, conduct due diligence, create presentations of analyses, and work on strategic projects with our existing portfolio companies. You will also play a important role in the operations of the team, helping manage the day-to-day activities supporting broader Danone initiatives in which DMV in involved.
- Assist in the investment process. Specifically, work with team to identify investment prospects, perform due diligence on prospective companies, research industries and competitors, build financial models and conduct valuation and returns analyses
- Perform market research and due diligence for potential investments, which will entail valuation and financial returns analysis
- Work closely with portfolio companies including financial and cap table modeling and ad hoc assignments related to financial operations, and financial reporting, as needed
- Management of team initiatives supporting the general operations of Danone Ventures
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business or related field from a top university
- Relevant experience (1-3 years), preferably from Investment Banking, Equity Research, Private Equity, Venture Capital, or Strategy Consulting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of accounting and corporate finance
- Must have experience with financial modeling, research and analysis, and presentation building
- Demonstrated analytical ability, critical thinking, and attention to detail
- Experience with food & beverage or other similar consumer verticals
- Knowledge of syndicated data (IRI, SPINS, Nielsen) a plus
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work well in a fast-paced and lean environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability
If Interested, Please apply here.